Tube fittings and their usage are seldom given much thought until there is a failure in the system. For most customers a failure is normally defined as a leak. The consequences of a leak can range from a minor inconvenience to a significant event requiring immediate attention and repair. By employing the techniques taught in this course, most of this leakage can be prevented.
This course is designed to:
- Improve System performance with increased operating efficiency
- Improve workplace safety conditions
- Reduce materials, installation and maintenance costs
- History of the Swagelok Tube Fitting
- Tubing and Pipe Systems
- Installation Procedure
- Tube Fitting Sizing
- Materials of Construction
- Tubing Considerations, specifications and preparation
- Sealing Principles
- Tube Fitting Tools
- Safety Considerations
We use a hands-on concept that enables students to learn the same way they solve problems on the job, by helping one another and sharing ideas.